Sunday 9 May 2010

Religion: Hope for the middleman

I am sorry in advance for writing about such an issue, but religion has been going through my mind lately.
There is a lot going on in the world, but religion - giving us wisdom and knowledge - has created pain. Pain in the own institution and we are all observing. The way I was brought up was traditional, I believed in god and in fact I still have not made my mind up yet. I am just as undecided as ever.
It doesn't help if the church tells me that I have to let someone into my life. I would like to think that I am in total control over who I become. If I strive to become a generic unit of god - loving and peaceful- then I would be just as unhappy to see that there is still evil in the world.
In fact, there is no argument for or against the belief in god, but there is a way to happiness. It certainly does not include trust in another power - one of magnitude greater than yourself.
I would want to believe, that by achieving balance in my own life through creativity, work and friendship, I encapsulate my being in a positive aura.
Since this is only my first post and it is full of subjective opinion, I would want YOU to tell me your theory on happiness.
I will leave you with a topical quote: "Belief is dangerous, if practiced blind."

No comments:

Post a Comment